After installation you may want to check out some of the example projects to make sure PraxisLIVE is working correctly and check out some of its features.
The Examples section on the Start Page of the application will install the examples as templates you can use, or you can download manually from https://github.com/praxis-live/examples
- Ensure the examples are installed. Use the section on the Start Page, which can be reopened using
Window/Start Pagein the main menu if closed.
- Open the new project wizard using the
New Projectbutton in the main toolbar.
- Browse the available example templates (use the arrows to explore sub-categories) and select the one
you want to try; click
- Select a project name and location; click
Finishto create the new project.
- Highlight the project in the
Projectstab, then click
Runin the main toolbar (or choose
Runfrom the popup menu on the project).
- Editors for the various (
*.pxr) files that make up the project will open as the example is run.
- To stop the project, use the
Cleanbutton (or choose
Cleanin the project popup menu).
PraxisLIVE v5, unlike earlier versions, uses a hub per project, and so allows multiple projects to be
run at once. A project is still active if tabs are still open or roots appear in the Hub Manager, even if all
windows have been closed. Make sure to
Clean the project to fully release all resources / extra processes.